Constitution of the “Eagle Owner’s Club” May 25, 2006 23:06:59 GMT
Post by on May 25, 2006 23:06:59 GMT
Constitution of the “Eagle Owner’s Club”
The club shall be known as the Eagle Owner’s Club, hereafter referred to as “the club”.
1. The club shall elect a committee each year at the Annual General Meeting, this AGM shall be held at a kit car show, nearest to or on May holiday weekend at a time and place to be agreed upon.
2. Should any committee member wish to resign, they may do so without explanation but they must hand over to a nearest convenient committee member all documents, properties and accounts as may be under the care of that committee member.
3. The club shall be open to all persons with an interest in all types and versions of Eagle kit cars wherever they may be worldwide, whether or not they own one.
4. The club shall act as an open forum for the exchange of ideas, views, help and information between all persons with an interest in the marquee worldwide
5. The club shall collect from members a membership fee which shall be set each year at the AGM and collected by the membership secretary and deposited into a club bank account maintained by the treasurer for the benefit of all the members.
6. A member shall be deemed as someone who has paid the current rate of membership fee for the current year.
7. The rate of membership(s) shall be agreed annually at the AGM.
8. Club funds deposited in the club account shall only be used for the mutual benefit of all the members and the essential running costs of the club including show stands and web site.
9. Any member incurring costs on behalf of the club shall contact and have that cost approved by, at least three committee members in advance, one of whom must be the treasurer.
10. Anyone not complying with item 9 above will have deemed to have acted on their own and should accept that they could end up “donating” such cost / items to the club.
11. The committee members can, by consensus, reserve the right to refuse membership if an applicant is deemed unsuitable by virtue of past actions that were detrimental to the club or its image or revoke a current membership if any member brings the club into disrepute.
12. The club shall, under the supervision of the webmaster maintain a web site www.eagleownersclub.org.uk for the information and assistance of anyone who cares to visit it, such cost shall be born by the club.
13. The club shall maintain an e-mail address email@example.com , this would primarily be the portal to the chairman for all members and the public where such media would be deemed more appropriate.
14. The webmaster and appointed moderators, shall also maintain a message board on the internet for the open use of all who wish to partake in an exchange of views and information relating to the club and the cars, messages of any other nature providing it stay within the bounds of normal decency shall be restricted to the forums provided for that purpose alone.
15. The club also reserves the right to exclude anyone from the message board should that person bring the club into disrepute or be malicious to another board member or the club.
16. Any four members can request an extraordinary ‘on-line’ meeting of the committee to raise any major issue that is giving rise for concern, such request shall be bought to the committees notice in the “members only” forum of the message board and the committee shall organise an on-line debate within the “members only” forum for the purpose of resolving said matter and inform all members of same.
17. Any matters appertaining to club business, finances, disciplinary mattes or complaints shall take place within the privacy of the “members only” forum, any infringement of this rule will be seen as bringing the club into disrepute and that member or members subject to sanction or discipline as in item 11 above.
18. Any decision by the committee, after due process which may or may not involve a ‘poll’ being set up for the purpose of a member’s vote, shall be posted in the “members only” forum.
19. Any decision, taken by the committee, after due debate and voting shall be deemed binding on the whole of the membership and any disagreement or dissention after the fact shall be subject to items 14 and 15 above.
20. In the unlikely event of the club being wound up, all funds and proceeds from the sales of club items and properties will be donated to a charity to be nominated by consensus of the current members.